1. It seems like it was only yesterday that you were strolling through Retiro, soaking up the Spanish sun.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Fintrvlr / Via Flickr: 89545244@N03
2. You swear you might never see a place as beautiful as Sagrada Família ever again.
Narvikk / Getty Images
3. Yet somehow, the interior managed to be even more awe-inspiring than the towering spires outside.
Spanishjohnny72 / Getty Images
4. Let’s be honest: NOWHERE knows how to let loose quite like Spain, and you’ll miss those ~nights you don’t remember~ for the rest of your life.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Stephen Carter / Via Flickr: stephendotcarter
5. Seeing the sunrise on your way home from the club probably happened way too often — but it was always downright magical.
Jackf / Getty Images
6. No matter how late you’d been out the night before, a café con leche was all it took to bring you back to life.
Flickr: Creative Commons / rob st / Via Flickr: robsteinhelfer
7. Discovering churros and chocolate was definitely a high-point of your life.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Matthew Hine / Via Flickr: hine
8. Tapas could constitute a snack or an entire meal…
Flickr: Creative Commons / Sanako* / Via Flickr: sanako
9. …but they could never top the grand feast that was a massive serving of paella.
Stocknshares / Getty Images
10. Park Güell made you feel like a character in Alice in Wonderland.
Gatsi / Getty Images
11. And flamenco dancers brought art to life in the most beautiful way you’ve ever seen.
Cristina Quicler / AFP / Getty Images
12. You swear you can still feel the roar of Bernabéu or Camp Nou in your bones.
David Ramos / Getty Images
13. El Corte Inglés was seriously the best one-stop shop on the planet.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Hannu Makarainen / Via Flickr: hannumakarainen
14. While you may never understand Spaniards’ obsession with jamón, you’ll always appreciate their unwavering devotion.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Mark Heard / Via Flickr: heardsy
15. Euromanía at Cien Montaditos will have a special place in your heart till the day you die.
100 Montaditos / Via Facebook: 100MontaditosUS
16. Seriously though, where else can you get free snacks when you order a drink at the bar?
Flickr: Creative Commons / Andy Michael / Via Flickr: andy_michael
17. If you caught it at just the right time, Plaza Mayor felt like it was all yours.
Stockstudiox / Getty Images
18. While some cities transported you back in time…
Marquesphotography / Getty Images
19. …others made you ponder the future and all it would bring.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Craig Cormack / Via Flickr: craigyc
20. Somehow, cities were even more beautiful after the sun went down.
Flickr: Creative Commons / fufefufe / Via Flickr: fufefufe
21. No matter where you studied, the rest of Spain — the rest of Europe really — was just a short flight away.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Tristan Farsac / Via Flickr: traft-carissan
22. Studying in Spain meant seeing history come to life.
Flickr: Creative Commons / RaMaOrLi / Via Flickr: fotografias-08
23. And while going back home might’ve brought tears to your eyes, you know it wasn’t a goodbye but a see you again soon.
Flickr: Creative Commons / Mariluz Rodriguez / Via Flickr: 21882319@N07